Distribution Center Management
The distribution professionals choice for practical news and actionable information on improving distribution center operations.
Each month, in a quick-reading format, Distribution Center Management brings you proven strategies for managing people, materials and costs in the warehouse and distribution center.
Youll learn how seasoned managers and top consultants are solving tough problems such as keeping staff working safely and productively, using new technology to speed throughput and increase inventory accuracy, improving space utilization, monitoring and controlling costs, and more.
Successful strategies are presented from large and small operations throughout North America all of which can be adapted to your facility.
Youll not just read, but use authoritative,
in-depth information on:
- Proven ways to keep your staff working productively. Youll learn how other managers are finding qualified people; improving morale and motivation; working with union employees; dealing with drugs, alcohol and theft; developing safety standards and more.
- Innovative new ways to use technology. Managers who are using the latest technology show you how to increase inventory accuracy and throughput, reduce errors and improve productivity. Youll learn how they get commitment from upper management, buy-in from employees, and more.
- Tested methods for maximizing warehouse space. Theres information on how to eliminate slow-moving SKUs, increase turnover, improve procedures, and change storage modules to improve space utilization.
- Strategies for improving your equipment and facilities. Youll find details on how other managers are maintaining and upgrading their facilities and equipment, how they justify new expenditures, calculate their return on investment, use short-term improvements to fund long-term investments, and more.
- Innovative ways to monitor and control costs. Youll learn how other managers are controlling costs brought on by increasing customer demands, unpredictable workloads, seasonal rushes, and more. Youll learn how they gather and analyze data to target savings in their procedures, plant and staff.
- The latest news and trends. Youll stay current with all the industry news you need to better manage your facility. Youll receive summaries of the latest industry reports, analysis of new rules and regulations, and informative lessons taken straight from todays headlines.
Your subscription Includes Web Extras
We often have valuable background material, additional information, or related resources that we just cant fit in the newsletter. Youll have access to these materials in the Web Extras section of the website.
A free guide: Your welcome gift from the editors
With your subscription, youll receive 45 Proven Ways to Cut Warehouse Costs.
To prepare this report, the editors of Distribution Center Management talked with over a dozen DC managers and warehousing experts who identified practical techniques you can use to cut costs without reducing service levels. It includes their best suggestions, grouped into five categories: Labor management, operations, equipment, facilities, and technology.
Any one of these ideas can produce thousands of dollars in savings. When combined into an overall cost-containment program they can often reduce costs by two, three or four times that amount.
45 Proven Ways to Cut Warehouse Costs sells for $29.95 but it is yours free with your paid subscription to Distribution Center Management.
If you are ever dissatisfied, just let us know. We will promptly refund the full subscription price. The newsletters and free guide you have received are yours to keep.